Planning for Summer
As we are heading into the summer time it is important to begin planning for the improvements that you are planning for your home. No matter how big or small your home improvement budget is you will be able to stretch it further will appropriate planning. We all have the desire to create a wonderful and comfortable space for us to live and entertain in.
1) Choose the space you wish to update or repair: It is unrealistic to think that we will be able to do all of the improvements that we wish to do on our homes all at the same time. It is important to prioritize the desired home improvement projects.
2) Establish a budget: Setting a budget is the very best way to ensure that you get as much as you possibly can for what you have to spend. Often times people go at their home improvements without have a budget in mind and either spend much more than planned or the project goes unfinished.
3) Create a plan: Once a space is chosen and a budget is set you can begin to develop a space plan. A space plan is an important way to ensure that you will stay on budget and accomplish what is desired. A space plan can range from a simple list of desired items to a full scale drawing with all desired features. This is also the time that is most appropriate to bring in a contractor if desired. Using a contractor to help develop a space plan with the budget in mind will insure that the project will fall in the budget.
4) Go Shopping: Now is the time to make sure that all the features of the space flow together well. If you have hired a contractor they will help you to pull all the pieces together to get you the look that you desire. If you are going at it alone it is important to do your home work. Items for your home can vary drastically in both price and quality and you can get stuck if you don’t do your homework. It is also important to make sure that the items flow together in the space .
5) Make sure it all matches: It is important to the space that all the items work together and complement one another whit the roles they will play in the space. the biggest thing to remember is to not put items that will never touch together to compare. Often times people will put a carpet sample on their countertops to compare colors. this is the wrong thing to do. Place the carpet on the floor and look to see how it complements your countertops.
6) Enjoy your space: If you follow the steps above you won’t be able to do anything else.